The Chocolate Mission Omnibus:
Wimbledon got started this Monday so I thought the only way to mark the occasion was start things off with a Strawberry based chocolate review - Thornton's Milk Chocolate with Strawberry. This bar was well received by not only myself but also many of ChocolateMission's most dedicated readers expressing their urge to get involved with it aswell.
The most momentous review of the week for me was my review of the Kit Kat Caramel Chunky which I would literally do cartwheels for just to get hold of another. This bar was absolutely delicious and is probably my BOTY (Bar of the Year) to date. In a none to rare moment of stupidity I also managed to get my wires crossed with ChocolateMission reader Tara who I offer my apologies to once again :) Tara kindly tried to inform me that this bar was also in distribution in Canada aswell as the New Zealand & Australia. No matter where you get it from I am sure this bar would be well received by a large amount of you - recommended!
Lastly on Saturday I got to grips with Reber's MozartKugeln truffles which brought both colour and flavour to the table. These weren't the greatest truffles ever but they certainly brought something new to the table and they seemed to appeal to some readers such as Lottie and Alan ... Jeanna and Lu remain unconvinced but I would still urge you guys to give them a try.
News from the Chocolate Market:
With it being the summer season chocolate NPD is pretty low at the minute so I will keep this relatively short.
* Alan has reported some sightings of the smaller snack sized packs of Cadbury Raisins & Cadbury Peanuts in the shops. Personally I have only seen the larger bags so far and think they are way too big ... who on earth wants to eat 100.0g of chocolate covered peanuts!?
* Hotel Chocolat have got some new sales up - with a few multi-buy deals on some of their boxed chocolate ranges, aswell as their 'Summer Puddles' range. Well worth checking out - Click HERE to do so.
* Walkers Nonsuch Toffees have announced they are broadening their 'Pick-n-Mix' range - Click HERE
* Looks like Ferrero have nailed their latest marketing campaign with the Kinder brand seeing some good results from their latest below-the-line advertising - Click HERE
Posts from other Blogs I enjoyed this week:
It has been a busy week but I have still been keeping an eye on some of my favourite sites:
* Wisconsin Candy Dish - Jeanna visited the place that ChocolateFest originates from and got to see some very bizzare things. The Alice in Wonderland themed chocolate fountain chaught my eye, as did the chocolate coated bacon! See HERE
* Foodstufffinds - The latest addition to the blogroll got hold of some new consumer goods gracing the UK shelves this week - check out the Oreo's Chocolate Creme & Strawberry Jaffa Cakes. See HERE
* Chocablog - Dom reviewed a bar called 'William Curley Sea Salted Caramel', he said it wasn't as good as Paul.A Young Sea Salted Caramels but still highly recommended it! I will be having my own say on those two products soon so keep an eye out for them. See HERE
* ZOMG, Candy! - Got to grips with a product called Kinder Joy that really took my fancy! Dean-German-Grocery are on the case! See HERE
Question of the Week:
'What was the worst chocolate/candy bar you have ever eaten?'