By now I think this post needs no introductions ...
The Chocolate Mission Omnibus:
My first review of the week was the simply fantastic Thorntons Milk Chocolate with Tonka Bean bar which I concluded was one of the best milk chocolates I have had all year. A number of readers agreed that this bar was worthy of its 9.0 score, so I suggest if you are yet to try it you get involved with Thorntons' award winning Tonka Bean special.
Monday was the also the day I received a welcome heads up from ChocolateMission reader Phil who found an article from The Grocer magazine saying that Nestle were bringing out a new Kit Kat Caramel bar. It only took a one day for Susanne to confirm that they were in fact already available in Sainsburys - so I headed on down there and posted my review yesterday - You can see that by clicking HERE. The limited feedback I have had so far from Mark, Susanne and Lottie suggests that I may have been a little generous with my scoring ... the more I think about it the more I think they could well be right.
The standard of the products reviewed this week was exceptionally high with the Cadbury Moro Gold Totally Nuts, Zotter's Bird's Eye Chilli and then Hotel Chocolat's Praline Fusion all hitting scores in the high 8.0s and even low 9.0's in the case of Hotel Chocolat.
Lets hope this weeks selection is equally as good!
News from the Chocolate Market:
* You can view the article that Phil posted earlier in the week that talks about the relaunch of the Wispa Gold and Nestle's launch of the Kit Kat Caramel - See HERE
* Divine the sneaky bastard fairtrade chocolate company have launched a few new bars - See HERE
* Mars are throwing £1m at the advertising of their chocolate milk shake range - See HERE
* Premier foods is launching a new Cadbury Fudge Cake Bites product to its range - See HERE
* Cadbury are launching a new product for the upcoming Xmas market ... bit early don't you think? See HERE
... Have I missed anything? Please share!
Posts from other Blogs I enjoyed this week:
* Chocablog - Dom is running a new competition - get your entry in to be in with a chance to win some Thorntons chocolate! See Here
* Foodstufffinds - Got to grips with some Jell-o that she found in Selfridges. I hear this 'pudding' stuff is pretty popular in America ... I might have to check it out for myself soon. See HERE
* GiGi Reviews - Tracked down the latest Oreo Limited Edition to be churned out by Nabisco ... in all fairness these look rather damn good! See HERE
* Impulsive Buy - Marvo tried out the latest Pepsi Limited Edition - Pepsi Shiso from Japan ... he wasn't all that impressed by the flavour but I still can't get over the toxic colour! See HERE
* CandyBlog - Cybele reviewed Mars' Galaxy Minstrels that we have here in the UK. She obviously thought a lot more of them than I did ... cracking review as normal though, I suggest you check it out! See HERE
Question of the Week:
'Do you eat less chocolate during the summer months? If so what do you snack on instead?'