The ChocolateMission Omnibus
You lot demanded more UK products ... I delivered more UK products! I kicked off things this week with my review of the re-released Mars Treets which have just made a comeback on our shelves. Personally I thought they were better than M&M's Peanuts but you may want to challenge that view by heading on over to the review HERE.
On Tuesday I bought you guys the first ever review of the Kit Kat Caramel Chunky that Nestle have just replaced our UK Peanut Butter Chunky with. My conclusion was that it was a pretty bad decision and I laminated Nestle for their use of a caramel creme rather than a normal goeey caramel. Once you try it for yourselves be sure to let me know what you think of it HERE.
Unfortunately things didn't get much better in the week and I ended up having the displeasure of trying two orange flavoured chocolate bars. The first was the Lindt Thyme & Orange Fantasy which was an awfully weird mixture of herbs, chocolate and fruit. Next was a bar that reader Alan sent me to try the Dove Cinnamon and Orange ... this wasn't much better.
News from the Chocolate Market:
* Fancy paying £961.48 for a single chocolate bar? Well Cadburys have produced a bar that costs exactly that to celebrate the relaunch of the Wispa Gold. See HERE
* Thorntons are going to try and expand their business in to Europe - See HERE
* After Cadbury announced their spectacular financial results last week the Independent took a look at how they have achieved them. See Here
Posts from other Blogs I enjoyed this week:
* CandyPirate - Not so much a post but more a stock alert! These guys have managed to track down some limited edition M&M's Coconut! Head on over if you like your M&M's. See HERE
* CandyBlog - Cybele got stuck into some of the UK's finest Terry's Chocolate Orange by trying out the Toffee Crunch variant. See HERE
* ImpulsiveBuy - These Nature Valley Nut Clusters strike me as a snack that I won't be able to put down once I open ... they look remarkably similar to our Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Clusters. See HERE
* GiGi Reviews - Followed the yellow brick road to Ben & Jerry's latest limited edition flavours ... boy does this one look good! Lucky Americans eh!? See HERE
* ChocoaBlog - Simon continued looking through Thorntons' award winning range. More of my own reviews of these bars coming very soon. See HERE
Question of the Week:
'If you could change/add one thing to this website what would it be?'
Please be as honest as you want ... any feedback is good feedback