Zingy Tomato Sauce
• 2 tbsp Yorkshire Drizzle rapeseed oil
• 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
• 1 tsp Schwatz minced garlic
• 250ml chicken stock
• 50ml red wine
• 1 tbsp tomato puree
• 1 tbsp Schwartz basil
• 1 tsp Schwatz cayenne chilli powder
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 x 400g/14oz cans tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
2. Add the chopped red pepper, cayenne pepper and minced garlic,
toss until coated, cover, and sweat on a gentle heat until soft.
3. Slice the canned tomatoes and add, with all the juice, to the mixture.
4. Add in the chicken stock, tomato puree, and red wine (and a splash of worcester sauce if you like a bit of extra zing!)
5. Season the contents with salt, freshly ground pepper and add the basil.
6. Cook the sauce uncovered for approximately 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly and thickened
Homemade Garlic Bread
• 1 heaped tbsp Schwatz minced garlic
• 100g softened salted butter
• 2 english muffins (sliced in half)
• 1 tsp Schwartz basil
1. Using a pestle and mortar grind the minced garlic into a fine powder
2. Mix the garlic powder with the softened part and spread onto the sliced muffins. Sprinkle the basil on top of the muffin
3. Cook the muffins in the oven for approximately 7-9 minutes at 180oC